Saturday, May 2, 2009

FN001 - The Bee's Knees


1. Male Weddell seals recorded underwater

2. Skeleton Man - Evangelicals

3. Baby, You're In Luck - Apostle of Hustle

4. Radio Radio - Elvis Costello

5. I Need All The Friends I Can Get - Camera Obscura

6. Sunrise - Yeasayer

7. You Can't Touch The Untouchable - The Big Sleep

8. You Can't Blame Me - Johnson, Hawkins, Tatum, & Durr

9. Witch - Maps & Atlases

10. Block of Wood - The Bats

11. I'm A Pretender - The Exploding Hearts

12. Like Gold - Erlend Oye

13. How Am I Not Myself? - Shocking Pinks

14. Two Blue Lights - Songs: Ohia

15. Vitamin C - Can

16. Pithecanthropus Erectus - Charles Mingus


The last song is probably my favorite jazz song of all time.  It is meant to depict the rise of man and its eventual downfall.  The song shifts from order to chaos throughout to display the tension and struggle of mankind.


Download



No comments:

Post a Comment